1. PAYMENT: Upon receipt of conformation from THE CLIENT, THE PHOTOGRAPHER will issue an invoice for the agreed fee. Payment is to be received on 7 days from the date of the photo shoot or on delivery of high resolution images, whatever comes first.
Images will not be passed in high resolution to THE CLIENT until the fee is settled.
In some circumstances i.e. a new client or a shoot comprising of more than one day / hire of equipment etc a deposit of 50% is to be made before the date agreed for the shoot.
If the fee is not paid in the agreed time, interest will be added to the fee as well as images being withheld to protect THE PHOTOGRAPHERs copyright.
In some cases USAGE FEES will be imposed starting from one year to unlimited use.
2. CANCELLATION / POSTPONEMENT: In the event that THE CLIENT cancels or postpones the photo shoot up to 48hrs before no fee is taken, unless there has been any bookings / hiring made by the photographer. If cancelled or postponed 48hrs prior to the photo shoot there will be a cancellation fee levied against THE CLIENT. This will be subject to the nature of the shoot.
3. DIGITAL NEGATIVES, PRINTS and COPYRIGHTS: UK Copyright Law states that the copyright of photographs remains with THE PHOTOGRAPHER. The digital images taken by THE PHOTOGRAPHER are for use discussed and agreed by THE CLIENT & THE PHOTOGRAPHER. If a 3rd party requests to use any image THE CLIENT must obtain permission from THE PHOTOGRAPHER. THE PHOTOGRAPHER retains the right to use images for marketing purposes as required. This may include display on THE PHOTOGRAPHER’s website, social media etc.
4. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: Digital processing - Images can be ready within 24hrs. The timescale of delivery of images will be agreed prior to the photo shoot. Low resolution proofs / contact sheet is available for THE CLIENT to review images prior to editing.
5. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternate photographer. THE PHOTOGRAPHER will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer if applicable. If such a situation should occur, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of deposit received for the photo shoot.
6. INSURANCE & LIABILITY: THE PHOTOGRAPHER carries insurance for personal liability as well as the photographic equipment. He is responsible for any damage caused by him or his equipment. If equipment of THE PHOTOGRAPHERS is damaged by association of THE CLIENT then the responsibility is that of THE CLIENT to reimburse / pay to replace etc.
THE PHOTOGRAPHER makes every effort to produce the highest quality photographs possible, including using professional grade equipment, professional grade backup equipment, and making multiple backup copies of images. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’S photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons beyond THE PHOTOGRAPHER’s control, their liability is limited to the return of all payments received for photoshoot, including deposit. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
THE PHOTOGRAPHER is not responsible for the lack of coverage / completion due to weather conditions, scheduling complications due to lateness of individuals, rules and restrictions of location or issues with product / garments.
The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a professional manner. THE CLIENT and THE PHOTOGRAPHER agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the photoshoot start late due to any reason whatsoever, THE PHOTOGRAPHER will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.